Our Commitment to Sustainability
Smart Eco Packaging!
We carefully designed our boxes to be repurposed. Every kit comes with a bonus project since the box can be turned into a frame for finished artwork.
Our Sustainability Statement
We founded Artterro with important core beliefs. We are committed to using as few resources as possible, taking into account the social environmental impact we have on the planet and our community, and respecting and enjoying the company of the people we work with. We will always strive to offer worthwhile, affordable products that encourage family and friends to connect with each other and the very human need to create beauty in our lives.
How do our business practices reflect our beliefs?
- We print our packaging inserts, bands and marketing materials on recycled paper (most of it 100% post-consumer waste) at Green Solutions Printing in Eugene, OR, using vegetable-based inks and renewable energy.
- Green Bay Packaging manufactures our recycled boxes here in WI. This award-winning packaging company is known for their innovative environmental practices.
- We minimize kit packaging to reduce waste, shipping expenses and our carbon footprint. We also make our packaging recyclable and reusable, and our bead bags are biodegradable.
- We hire local high school students to assist with shipping and assembly and learn about business, through a teen mentoring program.
- We feature high-quality, natural materials, not just because they’re beautiful and fun to work with, but also because if you sell disposable materials, they will just end up in the trash. We want people to value the materials they are working with so they end up with a treasured keepsake.
- We source many of our materials from small businesses here in the US to reduce our carbon footprint and shipping expenses, and to support our US economy.
- As our company grows, we are committed to providing a flexible work environment and a living wage, and seeking out diverse coworkers, including women, minorities and people with disabilities.
- We regularly donate kits to schools, art programs and charities, particularly those in our local community. We strive to promote art and creativity by sponsoring free art activities at local events.